Author Topic: 2016 Confirmation Lists  (Read 7351 times)

Jeff Valliere

2016 Confirmation Lists
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:37:18 AM »
It seems like in years past, confirmation lists were up by now, but this year I do not yet see them posted.  Just wondering when they will be posted?  Thanks, Jeff.

John Garner

Re: 2016 Confirmation Lists
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
I'm working on them, but that pesky day job keeps getting in my way. :-)

The big issue is that the system I used to generate the lists and run the confirmations was built around the old active.com system (a registration platform so old that even active.com shut it down last September, so I was in for a good bit of work one way or the other.). With the new one I need to rework the script that took the old tab delimited file with fields in a very specific order and tweak it so that it accepts an excel file with fields in a different order, doing a few dozen data transformations along the way.

I hope to have it up in the next day or two. I hope to have the confirmation list page saying this updated tonight. 

John Garner

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:27:05 AM »
The initial 2016 confirmation lists have been posted. Go to http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/Confirmation.shtml to see them.

khgfun

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »
I had a question regarding the Predictions links.  Did this year's application ask you about your predicted finishing time?  I don't recall seeing that, but may have just forgotten.  If it didn't, is this link relevant since it mixes times based on flatter races with times on the PPA/PPM? 

It would be fun to have a list that is sorted by entries per state for runners to easily see who is coming from their state...not that you have a lot of free time on your hands.  It might not have a  lot of value for race analysis other than seeing how flatlanders fare vs those with mountain access.

John Garner

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
We didn't ask folks for their predicted times because, well.... In the move to the new registration system, I forgot to include it. DOH!

As for sorting by state, it is a mixed bag. Somebody in Colorado can go to run their qualifier in Texas for an instant speed boost. Even within a state, some routes are dowhill, some are flat, some are mixed. Then you have the entire trail vs road issue since a "trail" in some parts of the country are just 12' wide roads (and each year we have folks who look at Barr Trail and wonder what they signed up for since they are used to running on wide, groomed gravel "trails" and not a rocky singletrack.)

Ultimately, the prediction system was mostly for giggles. What what really helps is looking at the 2015 stats by qualifying time which has the final results posted and going from there.

Stephen Peterson

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 09:52:39 AM »
Any idea when the Double confirmation list will be complete? 

John Garner

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 02:34:10 PM »
Not until after I finish the initial qualification checks.

In the past, the doubler list was generated off of a question we asked folks during registration. The problem was that folks would say 'yes' and then not sign up for the other race, and bad thing would then happen.

So this year I'm just going to finish the qualification checks first and then run the query that looks for folks who are registered for both. I can't do that until after the checks are done because I have to fix about 25% of the names since most folks don't sign up with the same first/middle/last that they used in the past, thus creating a disconnect in the match.

Stephen Peterson

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2016, 05:02:25 PM »
Roger that...thank John!

FlyGirl

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 01:21:40 PM »
Based on 2015 times....That's gonna' mess with Ascent corrals!!  LOL!!  I'm not complaining, I am entertained since last year's Ascent was a mess on our bodies!  What a day....

John, I was out of town when I entered and just guessed on shirt sizing.  I guessed wrong.  I'll wait until confirmation lists are complete, but would you be able to send me an email or contact to have that adjusted?

John Garner

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 04:22:16 PM »
Go ahead and send shirt size corrections to me via the registrar contact form at http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/contact_registrar.asp

FlyGirl

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »
Thanks, John!  Request has been sent (I waited a little tiny bit). :)

leonelstanly

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2022, 03:05:00 AM »
Instazoom is the first Instagram viewer that lets you to see full profile pictures, download them, and more. Instazoom is an online service that displays every photograph on each user account in large format without leaving your browser window.

manny78

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2022, 11:50:54 PM »
가장 재미있는 게임을 즐겨보세요 바카라 수많은 보상과 상품을 획득할 수 있는 기회를 노리는 게임입니다.