Author Topic: Link to Begin General Registration  (Read 4653 times)

Vomastic

Link to Begin General Registration
« on: March 11, 2016, 03:30:59 PM »
I noticed on the Registration Page that there is no button/link for General Registration (only for PPA/PPM Award/Competitive Registration).  In the past there was a button/link for General Registration that was "hot" prior to the start of registration and would inform you that 1) registration is not yet open or 2) take you to the page to insert your info and complete your registration.  Can I assume that at 12:00 noon on March 12, 2016 that a registration button(s) will magically appear?  If I am missing something, where do I find the link to register?

John Garner

Re: Link to Begin General Registration
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 06:10:04 PM »
You are were not missing anything. The buttons on the general registration page are now available as of a few minutes ago.

Right now they just tell you that registration is not yet available. At noon tomorrow they should give you an option to register.

Vomastic

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »
The button for the PPA says March 12th,  The others say March 18th

John Garner

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 06:37:08 PM »
DOH!

Fixed.  :o

Vomastic

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 07:07:00 PM »
The PPA Wave Starts still refers to 2015.  Just a nit.  I still remember about 8 years ago when the severs at active.com crashed when everyone tried to register at the same time.  Hopefully, no repeats like that.

John Garner

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 07:34:31 PM »
It was '07 when the systems went down (http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/2007regnews.htm). I managed to get registered just before the system came crashing down. Then I got to do it again two weeks later. :-/

2008 was the one where the weather gods decided that they wanted to have some fun with us and gave us a Blizzard in August. :-)

And I fixed the reference to the wave starts for the PPM. Let me know if you see any others (there are about 100 locations on the site that I need to update each year.  :o I always manage to overlook a few. )