Author Topic: Lost drop bag  (Read 2990 times)

liz-sanchez

Lost drop bag
« on: August 19, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »
I did the marathon on Sunday. When I went to get my drop bag, the volunteers could not find it. I searched around the park for someone that might have taken mine accidentally. Looked through all the drop bags that were left. Had a couple friends check in with the office the next day. Not really sure how a drop bag gets lost in a few blocks. Had my phone in there because I was getting dropped off that morning. I'm aware that it's a risk I'm taking but have never had an issue with a drop bag going missing, especially at a Springs race. Got a replacement phone pretty quickly because I was needing to travel, but really bummed that I couldn't get much of a response to get help from volunteers. Tried to get a few people to make an announcement for me and was like pulling teeth. Rather disappointing given how much I've really come to love the running community in Springs.

If anyone comes across a drop bag that has an iPhone 6 plus w/black urban armour flip case, a green speedgoat shirt, some sandals, running shorts, and possibly a small rain jacket, please e-mail me. I was number 33 and I did watch a woman label it for me. I didn't watch her closely so didn't see if the numbers were written clearly.

Mark

Re: Lost drop bag
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »
This is truly disappointing to hear about. Can't imagine this to be an intentional act by a volunteer...
Hopefully you get this back Liz.
Good luck

hillclimber

Re: Lost drop bag
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 09:38:20 AM »
Was your phone turned on?  You could use "Find My Iphone" and even if the battery has since died it will show on the map where it was shortly before it died.  http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html