Author Topic: any insight on starting waves?  (Read 4699 times)

Roger Henderson

any insight on starting waves?
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:29:50 PM »
I just looked at the confirmation list and see that Wave is still mostly populated with "1"s and the occasional "tbd". Does anyone have the scoop on the plan for starting waves? There was discussion about the traditional 2 wave start, and the possibility of more than two waves and starting at intervals less than 30 min. I'm thinking that this is probably figured out by now. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Roger

John Garner

Re: any insight on starting waves?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »
Start times will be assigned a week or so after the Garden 10M is over. I need the results from that race to handle all of the runners listed as TBD.

Once that is done I can then sort everybody by qualification time and assign folks into the appropriate starting corrals.

--john

John Vomastic

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »
Corrals.  Sounds like a cattle drive.  Round them up, Head them out.  Yee Hah

KSFlatlander

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 06:48:44 AM »
Looking forward to seeing how this works out and how we are seeded!! Part of the issue in the past wasn't just due to entering the trail head, it was also due the first two aide stations.  I carry a hand held and usually fill it at Barr Camp and then again at A-Frame.  So many people are stopping for water at the aid station near the incline and it also creates a secondary bottleneck.

Tim Schumacher

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:32:39 AM »
I wish the 1st aid station was removed completely.  It's in almost the worst place imaginable to add to congestion.  At least move it back to the wide road...