Author Topic: Qualification checker  (Read 6387 times)

goldens23

Qualification checker
« on: January 31, 2015, 05:44:39 PM »
Just wondering if the Pikes Peak vet checker will be put on the new site . Not necessary but handy .

goldens23

Re: Qualification checker
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »
My mistake as it seems to be there when I look up my own results .

Registrar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 10:59:11 PM »
The results search is still using the old rules, which are a bit more restrictive than the new registration procedure.

In the past, it was important that you signed up for the correct wave / field. This year, that wave 1 vs wave 2 distinction is removed. You just need to sign up for the race, start waves will be automatically assigned based on your qualifying time.

Basically, as a veteran, you have one question to answer: Did I finish either the PPA or PPM in the last 3 years. If the answer is yes then you are good to go. If you did not then you need an external qualifier run in the past 2 years.

I hope this makes sense.

--john

hillclimber

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:31 AM »
I have a friend who finished the Ascent in 2012, but then DNF'ed in '13 and '14. His answer to "Did I finish either the PPA or PPM in the last 3 years?" would be yes. Do the DNF's throw a wrench in that or is he good to go? I've read that DNF's are counted against you but I'm not sure what "counted against you" means. Can you please clarify? Thanks! Love the new site BTW!

Registrar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:27:49 AM »
In the registration FAQ, under the section about DNF's you will see  "If you have no Peak finishes in the last 3 years, you will need a new qualifier run SINCE your DNF."

In the case of your friend who DNF'ed in '13 and '14, they can still use their Peak result from '12.

I'll try to see if I can reword that section so that it is a bit more clear.