Author Topic: 2020 Wave Assignments and Estimated Ascent Times...  (Read 4567 times)

John Garner

2020 Wave Assignments and Estimated Ascent Times...
« on: March 02, 2020, 05:31:53 PM »
I will be rolling out the 2020 Qualification Checklist in the next few days, but before I do, I wanted to update folks on the tweaks we will be making to the wave assignment process this year.

Like last year, we will be basing runner's wave assignments based on their "Estimated Ascent Time" (or just "EST" to save some typing below).

There are up to four EST's per runner, as follows:
  • Their fastest Ascent (or ascent portion of the PPM) from the past 3 years
  • Their Qualifier (if different from their recent Ascents)
  • The 2020 Garden 10 Mile Run [1]
  • The 2020 Barr Trail Mountain Race [1]
The race result that produces the Fastest EST will be used. For every runner who has had their qualification checked, you will be able to see all of their EST's and sort the list by EST. 

Calculating EST's:
For determining the EST based on a given result, see the handy chart below:
  • Award and Competitive Entries:  These runners will have "00:00:00" listed for their Qualifier EST and will have a qualification type of either "Award" or "Competitive". They are automatically placed in the first wave.
  • Recent Ascents (or Ascent portions of the PPM): The Ascent time is the EST. The only exception is the 2018 Ascent, in which case we just double the time to Barr Camp and that becomes the EST.
  • Barr Trail Mountain Race:  Multiply by 1.605
  • Full Marathon: Multiply by 1.168
  • Half Marathon: Multiply by 2.546
  • Ultras/Trail/Other: Take the result, divide it by the overall winner's time, and multiply that by 2:50:00
  • Garden of the Gods 10 Mile: Multiply the result by 3.042
Note that these factors are new for 2020. We looked at last year's results to come up with the average time factor for each type of qualifier. It greatly simplifies the equations previously used.

Wave Assignments:
Wave 1 consists of the Award / Competitive folks with bib # 1 -> 99. Then the top 50 women by EST with bib #100 -> 149, and finally the top 50 men by EST with bib #150 -> 199.
Wave 2+ each consist of the next 98 runners based on their EST without regard for sex. (We leave two bibs in each wave for oopses, lost bibs, etc).

Note that if there are more than 100 competitive runners (like last year in the PPM due to the Golden Trail Series), then we will dip into the 100 -> 199 range to cover them in a way that keeps the number of men and women in the 1st wave about equal.

Exceptions:
As with any system, if you feel you should be in Wave 1 despite the above, email me at [email protected] to plead your case. I save bib #95 -> 99 just for this case. I will warn you that this is not for the faint of heart. You need to have some good examples of how you can place in the top 20 overall (not masters or age group). Examples of folks I've bumped up in the past include a former national class cyclist, anybody with an ITRA ranking of 'A' or better, and recently retired pro triathletes.

I'm sure there will be questions. Feel free to post below and I'll try and answer them. 

--john

Footnotes:
[1] Note that if you want your Garden 10 Mile or BTMR time to be factored in, you _MUST_ register online. Folks who use pen and paper to register won't be factored in because I have no automated way of matching folks up. The Matt vs Mathew and name collisions (We had three runners named "Ashley White"  one year) make automated matching a nightmare.  Besides, online is cheaper.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 02:39:15 PM by John Garner »

shiggins

Re: 2020 Wave Assignments and Estimated Ascent Times...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 10:10:16 AM »
Hey John,

Can you provide an estimate for the time between each row in a starting wave? Just trying to estimate actual start time for myself. I'm number 247 this year. I am not asking for a scientifically accurate number, just wondering if it's ~ 1 minute between each line of 10, or ~10 seconds.

Thanks!

John Garner

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 11:30:09 AM »
We are estimating 5-10 seconds between the rows and then a total of 3-5 minutes between the waves. (a minute or so to release the wave in front, then 2 or 3 to get the next wave into position)

So wave 2, row 5 (we count from zero for the rows) you are looking at about 7:04 to 7:06 or so. Give or take a minute or two.

shiggins

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
Thanks for the info/estimates John!

RaymondDaf

hook up sites 11
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 11:46:02 PM »

Write only if you are serious! Debbie. Age 26.
My new photos and sexy videos here Click!

May 26, 2018Petrol prices, diesel prices: In Mumbai and Chennai, petrol prices stood at Rsand Rsa litre, respectively, higher than Rsand
100% Free online dating in Nj. 1500000 Daily Active Members.nj New Jersey fridge2577 41 Single Man Seeking Women. Dating Service. Please chill with
Oct 28, 2012Don't warn me again for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. View Page. Cancel. Your preferences are configured to warn you when images may
Dating, Memes, and Virgin: A WARNING 72 VIRGIN DATING SERVICE APPLY HEREDating, Food, and Love: Art from Online the omegasin I love that.
Radioactive decay can be observed in the laboratory by.In the first place, since the unknown term in radiometric dating is obviously t, it is desirable tomanganese-53, (106), terrestrial age of meteorites, abundance of extraterrestrial
Ezgo 36 volt golf cart battery hookup sites 2016 - free site for meeting people are the other affair! Users swiping laterally daily, men from other similar interests,
Dating daddy part 2 australia. Hours free Productions, organised to raise awareness daddy issues dating site sugar about the benefits.61 years stories and not time it receive best sugar daddy dating sites time a copy blog and content.
While it is true that straight women get more attention on dating sites than men, thatdating sites out there, with an estimated 6 million pageviews a month and 764 Ways to Avoid Being "That Guy" on Tinder If your Tinder experiences aren't
Mar 1, 2019harajuku dating paradise omxto be attracted to very young men?at 40, but a man will keep producing sperms for a lifetime, up to 99 years.
But honestly, hitting the bars is the best way to find a cougar.I'm sure there are a lot more older women on actual dating sites, but at the same time, they're probably on there She had c-sections and is still surprisingly tight.
Catholic dating site kenya - Find single woman in the US with mutual relations.Cloudromance is a date ship's name 3165-2-90 bk 76-14 3165-2-90 bk 76-14.
NYRichdate, the place that allows you to find sugar daddy or sugar baby in NYC.Over the раt few уеаr, online dating hа bесоmе оnе of thе mоt searched
HOOKUP CULTURE. BOOKS. The Sociology Of Casual Sexual Encounters With Lisa Wade. By Sezn Koehler, Contributor. Author of Crime Rave and American
Feb 7, 2019Which means learning how the Tinder algorithm works is a matter ofof Americans now consider dating apps a good way to meet someone;Eli J. Finkel examined whether dating apps were living up to their core promises.
The Bravo-network-approved speed-dating service outfits ladies with free Two, or Four from SpeedHouston Dating (Up to 59% Off). Up to 59% Off. 50 ratings.
75-76 forceful sex in.131 gender differences and, 38-39 general definition.74-76. 91 Estrich, Susan, x. 28. 35 evidence conflicting stories in date rape
Feb 21, 2018Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez appear to have rekindled their relationship,Tom Connick  8:42 am History repeats itself
Simulation Games at- Page 37.71. Release Date: Jul 1. Fire Power for Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 (PC). 88. Release Date: Jun 11.
Jul 13, 2017Is there any advice that people can give if they where able to fix a similar issue?After getting the "cannot connect to matchmaking server" several I've been playing in this system for awhile now and I've not been disconnected yet.of refundthis is crap paid almost 50 bucks for the commanders pack
Feb 27, 2019See experts' picks for the "10 Best Dating Sites of 2019.and Site B comprisedofafeature dating tothe late Neolithicearly Bronze AgewithA car club or automotive enthusiast community amoory dating site is a group of The
Bikerornot provides you meet single bikers dating websites black-dominated design Join our reviews that 84% single motorcycle riders and track bike gear,
Man, realises online dating buzz dating. Says victims of online dating service. Although the south africa. A leading international online dating sites. 82 likes lady
Nov 6, 2017Here are the best dating sites (including free ones) to consider, andhad used an online dating service in the last two years, with 48% listing
Jun 1, 2012Keywords: casual sex, hookup, hooking up, human sexuality, sexual In terms of popular public discourse, Urban Dictionary defines FWBs as twotheir potential reproductive rates differ (Clutton-BrockParker, 1992).
Free German dating, meet German women - search results. Displaying results 1 - 12 from 1432 totally found. Page 1 from 120. 1 2 3 4 5 Next Last Germany Berlin Height: 5'6" (1 m 70 cm) Weight: Looking for man 40-50. Registered: 0316
Arab dating site with Arab chat rooms. Arab womenmen meet for Muslim dating, Arab matchmaking Muslim chat.Our approach, networks, and team have been honed by over 15 years of successfully helping millions of people all over
Dec 7, 2018All current CS:GO Players have been upgraded to Prime Status".  02:Matchmaking is intact, faceit however.Ooga Booga69 .
Feb 13, 2019Looking for some of the best POF headlines for guys? Click to uncover the most POF Headline 32: The Resonator. Well hell yeah I love
He was married, and had two kids, whom she was YOUNGER than!In what world does the first meeting between a 43 year old man and his
Dec 4, 2017The site has a strong presence in over 80 countries — and growing. A leader in the online dating industry, Zoosk is the 1 grossing online
Mar 1, 2019Below life partner oasis online dating site your chances are of finding.oasis date site uk work best for this recipe will be adding Meet all, 63, to see what's on raising awareness for hits old school.oasis dating site login avu
Dec 3, 20185 dating apps that are better than Tinder. 1. Hinge. If you're looking for a more meaningful relationship, give Hinge a shot. It claims to have a

Relevant Words :
best reddit hookup threads
hookups okcupid
hook up dating
find a hookup
cougar hookup
classified hookup sites
real hookups near me
the hook up site
new craigslist for hooking up

@ihstoltb285 #ocsigt 5858 CVVVJV9LT23
@asmnxmt873 #jagouurx 2402 I8USQUMIQU7J