Author Topic: anyone know where to park to run from say 10K to 14K on road  (Read 4400 times)

Chris1045

anyone know where to park to run from say 10K to 14K on road
« on: April 16, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »
My friend says he knows of a place where you can drive about halfway up PP and park there then run to top. Can anyone send me a link to or image of the exact spot where you do this? Thanks.

Mark

Re: anyone know where to park to run from say 10K to 14K on road
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 06:20:53 PM »
Elk Park might be the one you are looking for:

http://www.pikespeak.us.com/Activities/hike-the-trails.html

I wouldn't run on the road; hell, it might even be illegal.

There are too many people afraid for their own life driving up and down the road as it is.

Yoni Fridman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »
Yes, running on the road is illegal. It's not obvious what your friend was referring to, but I can think of two likely options:

1) Elk Park, as Mark mentioned. It starts at almost 12k ft, just below treeline, goes 5.5 miles slightly downhill to Barr Camp, and from there you can take Barr Trail to the summit. One-way, it's about 11 miles, including 1500 ft of elevation loss and 4000 ft of elevation gain. The parking lot is hard to find, I can probably post an image if this is what you're interested in.

2) There's a large parking lot at Devil's Playground, at almost 13k ft. From there, you can get on the Crags trail to the summit, which parallels the road for a while.

I'm not aware of any spot along the road lower down that's runnable to the summit.

Mark C

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 06:41:44 AM »
The only place you could park at close to that elevation would be the crags trail on the west side of the peak.  It does not share any of the route of the Ascent/Marathon.  You can drive to the trailhead, but all the running is on a trail, not the road.  It's a bit over 12 miles up and back, 4500' elevation gain.

Mitch Walma

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 05:10:53 PM »
The only place you could park at close to that elevation would be the crags trail on the west side of the peak.  It does not share any of the route of the Ascent/Marathon.  You can drive to the trailhead, but all the running is on a trail, not the road.  It's a bit over 12 miles up and back, 4500' elevation gain.

14.4 miles 4800 is what I get on my training runs up the Crags side. Steep in the beginning, 2-3 miles of gentle running at high altitude from Devil's Playground to the class 2 final climb. It's closed for hazard tree removal until early June. Probably plenty of snow still now.

Shars1966

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 12:37:50 AM »
In my opinion, children ages 11 and older should be able to play bitlife without any problems. You may hear references to sex, drugs, and other illegal activities, but playing the game does not require you to take part in any of these activities. It's okay as long as the parents are aware of what their children are seeing and the children can comprehend what they're seeing.

recapinjure

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 01:22:09 AM »
You can play the top mario games that we have selected.

donaldriskell

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 06:41:48 AM »
There are many games available online like these games The Secret Society Mystery - Uncover Hidden Objects for Clues and I Want Pizza by ByteTyper. You can play them if you're bored and in need of some online fun. Yes, there are tons of other things you can do other than playing games, such as checking your social media accounts, posting reviews for services and products, watching gaming streams, and many more. Just decide what you want to do.

aggressivehand

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 01:36:12 AM »
You might be wondering why on earth someone would want to create gold composites. The most important one is that pure gold is too fragile to be utilized for producing jewelry slope unblocked. In order to address this issue, gold is often combined with other metals to create a stronger alloy.