Author Topic: Long Sleeve cotton T Shirt Versus light weight jacket above tree line  (Read 2971 times)

REDLEG VET DETECTIVE KS Wife of 27 years rolls the dice

• IRAQ ARMENIA WASH DC KOSOVO HOOAH
I am packing my 1992 Pike's Peak Ascent T Shirt up to the top, putting it on above Tree Line if needed, going to roll up the Marine Corps Marathon jacket up as a back up, with a two (2) bottle Ultimate fanny pack I bought in 1997.....  thoughts?

Mitch Walma

Re: Long Sleeve cotton T Shirt Versus light weight jacket above tree line
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
What is your anticipated time? Ascent? Marathon? If you're summiting by noon I'd say leave the jacket for either race. But of course check the weather. It's fairly consistent that time of year and predictions are generally accurate. I'd also consider just wearing a short sleeve tech shirt instead of the long sleeve cotton and stuff a small garbage bag in the fanny pack. You could wear it up high and then toss it at the A-Frame aid station garbage on the way down. (holes for head and arms) It's cheap, weighs almost nothing and is disposable. We've (SAR) given out garbage bags above treeline before when the hail/rain/snow/lightning starts. Just my 2 cents.  :D