Author Topic: Likelihood of success  (Read 3691 times)

Sadiqi

Likelihood of success
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:36:50 PM »
So I was training hard before the summer but then spent 2 months on a boat... I'm a good hiker and was able to run a 2:05 half with no running for a couple of weeks and then a 1:55 with a couple weeks training. I've really wanted to do this race, but with being on the boat is there any chance of me finishing before cutoff?

Vomastic

Re: Likelihood of success
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:33:23 PM »
You have a great chance of making the cutoffs and easily finishing under 6:30. A 1:55 half marathon would put you in Wave 11.  Runners in wave 11 who have run the PPA before have an average finish time of 4:45 well below the 6:30 cutoff. Flatlanders typically finish the PPA 30 minutes slower than their flatland marathon time.  Have you done the long runs (4 or 5 hours)?  If you have not, it is important that you start slowly at a pace you could walk all day.  If you have been assigned to Wave 11 and below, it is best to start in a later wave because they are probably in better shape and if you try to keep up with them in the first 4 miles (especially the first 3 miles which is often single file) would be a huge mistake; you could fade badly in the later stages of the race.  Make yourself a pace card and use a 5:30 finish time.  At that pace you will easily make the cutoffs at Bar Camp and AFrame.   The pace card will give you confidence in the early half of the race regarding the checkpoints you pass. 

Holiday Maker

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 04:04:35 AM »
This is the first time I visited here and I found so much interesting stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, thank you. Visit Us:  India Travel Blog

niveab5

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 08:48:09 AM »
JILIBET can't hide lies anymore! In the beginning, it was said that there was a problem with the power system, but later it was changed to say that the system was maintained. In the end, a new website was even launched directly. The purpose of all kinds of behaviors is to delay the discovery of the truth. However, paper cannot contain fire. Finally, internal employees couldn't stand it and stood up to explain the truth of the matter. Why did it take so long to release the news? It's all due to the man behind the scenes. The suspect is the boss of a certain group. The company provides all the services a gaming platform needs, including customer operations management, website development, brand marketing, mobile app development, web design, and more. Not only that, but also game programs are available. Does it seem complicated? Simply put, they can provide a complete gaming platform for customers. There is no need for customers to invest in programming or research. They only have to sign up for the system with him to begin operating their own business. Because of such high convenience, his customers are all over Southeast Asia, including Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, India, and the Philippines. However, the more customers, the more disastrous the disaster. Finally, on January 13, things broke out. Many gaming platforms have begun to prevent players from withdrawing money. At first, everyone thought that the platform was under maintenance or there was a problem with the network connection, so they didn't care. But as time passed, everyone gradually realized the seriousness of the matter. People familiar with the matter suspect that the suspect may have taken the players' money away. It also includes funds from JILIBET.