Author Topic: Spectator Info  (Read 2910 times)

Jennifer Murphy

Spectator Info
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to find info with regards to spectators who want to be at the finish for the Ascent Saturday. Are there shuttles available? What are the options or suggestions? I know it's best for them to not clog up the highway and there's minimal parking on the summit.

Thank you!

Mark

Re: Spectator Info
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »
So with the Cog being closed this year it will be a cluster... I did talk to a shuttle driver Friday and he said it should be about like previous years tho.. Spectators can drive up to Devils playground, mile 16, take the shuttle to the top and meet their runner. You can then take your runner back down on the shuttle to your car and transport them back down to Manitou for finishers shirt and festivities. Lone runners will be transported down to Glen Cove for a school bus ride back to town.

This is not official! so be sure to check this website for possible updates: https://coloradosprings.gov/pikespeakshuttle

Also, latest weather forecast is not looking very favorable... may want to make sure you bring your runner some dry shoes/clothes.

Jayme Diekmann Buzard

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »
Also, spectators should make sure to allow plenty of time to get up the mountain to the shuttle pick up.  Last year there was a quite a wait just to get through the toll gates onto the Pikes Peak Highway.  This year could be more with the Cog not running. 

Mark

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:27:01 PM »
This is pretty cool, from the info email for runners today:

ON THE BIG SCREEN: The Pikes Peak Ascent is scheduled to be shown via live stream at the Pikes Peak Marathon Expo in Memorial Park. The big screen will move to our Block Party in downtown Manitou Springs on Sunday where fans and family members can watch their favorite runners tag the summit and make the turn back to Manitou Springs.