Author Topic: Extra Doubler Fee  (Read 11388 times)

Jasper

Re: Extra Doubler Fee
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
FlyGirl's right, the Registration page says "The fee will also cover the cost of the Pikes Peak Doublers jackets that all doublers will receive this year."

Definitively, is it a Shirt or a Jacket for Doublers?
Thanks, & See you at the Top!

Stephen Peterson

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »
FlyGirl's right, the Registration page says "The fee will also cover the cost of the Pikes Peak Doublers jackets that all doublers will receive this year."

Definitively, is it a Shirt or a Jacket for Doublers?
Thanks, & See you at the Top!

Thanks...a doubler jacket?  Awesome!

REDLEG VET DETECTIVE KS Wife of 27 years rolls the dice

• IRAQ ARMENIA WASH DC KOSOVO HOOAH
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »
The Pike's Peak Marathon staff are top notch, and considering it fills up every year in one day, usually sooner, for what folks get, I think it is pretty fair all around   my thoughts.......

Jasper

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 10:42:54 AM »
Registrar posted this over in another thread...
“This one of those "road to hell is paved with good intentions..." type of things.

In the original email I received, the Race Director indicated that the PPM Board decided that it should be a doubler's shirt. But in generating the content for the new site, my secret desire for a jacket moved my fingers to indicate a Jacket. 

The RD send me a correction email (the content was reviewed, but it was still my error.) That generated the update to the website and the mea culpa on the board indicating that it was not a jacket but a shirt.

Then the RD thought about it some more. He had a meeting with a number of other local runners to solicit their feedback on various topics. In the process of thinking about what the race offers he thought that a Doubler's Jacket would be nicer. So now it is a Jacket, and that is what is up on the website today.

Clear as mud?

You can thank me later. :-)”

All's Well That Ends Well! So it IS a Jacket.

FlyGirl

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
The Pike's Peak Marathon staff are top notch, and considering it fills up every year in one day, usually sooner, for what folks get, I think it is pretty fair all around   my thoughts.......

THIS!

And thanks for the clarification on the jacket. Personally, I think it's a way better idea for an anniversary year. I'm excited!

BaristaLady

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
Posted Earlier: "A big complaint about this otherwise extremely well run race series is the poor swag relative to the prestige of the event.  The shirts have been ugly and unwearable the last 9 years; the 50th anniversary jacket is the only swag I'll wear."

I agree, especially the past 4 years - virtually identical long sleeved purple t-shirts.
I also agree with another poster who said it's not about the swag, he'd rather see lower entry fees and less swag.
I have repeatedly asked race administrators to provide a no-shirt option for a reduced price, and have been ignored.
This year's $150 price tag really hurt.  We all know it's an expensive race to run, but ......
I have asked for a simple "pie chart" of expenses to be put on the website, so we can all see where the money goes.
Again, I have been ignored.

lee.owens

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »
The Double $50 fee is for a Doubler's Jacket according to the PPM website on the front page. 

I do like the idea of the triple.  Friday would just be a fun climb. 

Friday- Incline- $50 Donation to the Incline club
Sat.- Marathon
Sun.- Ascent

Keep the crowd in Manitou and more runners could see the finish of the Marathon.