Author Topic: Tree between Barr Camp and A-Frame  (Read 4580 times)

Mitch Walma

Tree between Barr Camp and A-Frame
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:00:39 PM »
I've heard there is a large tree on the trail between Barr Camp and A-Frame. Anybody know who normally clears these? There was one across there trail prior to Barr Trail Mt Race.

Vomastic

Re: Tree between Barr Camp and A-Frame
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 01:45:55 PM »
I have crossed this tree a couple of times in the last two weeks.  It is between the BP sign and the end of the long BP switchback.  Someone has cut all of the branches off and left only stubs.  The tree is large, over 2 feet in diameter, and there is not an easy way to cross on either side.  It does not cross the trail at a 90 degree angle but lies parallel to the trail blocking the trail for considerable distance.  It is an acrobatic task to traverse that area and not without risk of injury.  It will be a choke point during the race and the subject of many complaints if not removed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:48:40 PM by Vomastic »

pmarasov

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:17:30 PM »
I crossed that tree - VERY slowly and carefully.  I certainly hope it gets removed.  As John said, it would certainly be a choke point.

Mark

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »
Yeah, that tree is a PITA. It will take several burly lumberjacks to even make a dent in that thing.

Jasper

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »
Went bottom to top today (I'm NOT Fast, and would rather continue to workout than Taper) and I can report the Massive Tree has been cut and the sections moved off the trail.
Best of Luck in the Races, everyone!

I've heard there is a large tree on the trail between Barr Camp and A-Frame. Anybody know who normally clears these? There was one across there trail prior to Barr Trail Mt Race.

Mark

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 04:29:37 PM »
If I hadn't seen this beast of a tree a few weeks ago I'm not sure I would have even really noticed it as I passed by it on Sunday. Great job by the crew that cut it up and got it off the trail. Thanks!