Author Topic: Flatlander Training Feedback  (Read 3345 times)

ericsonb5

Flatlander Training Feedback
« on: March 15, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping to get some feedback to see if I am on track to complete Pikes Peak Ascent in August.  To be clear, my goal is simply to complete the ascent before the 6:30 cutoff.  I have no time goal.  A bit of background - I completed the half marathon qualifier in 1:48 (8:18 pace) in February in Minchigan.  Since that time, I have adopted the following training regimen:

-2 days per week of 45-minutes @ 15% incline, alternating between 4.0 mph (light run) and 3.0 mph (walk)
-1 days per week of 90 minutes of the Pikes simulation

I just had a baby and training time is a bit sparse.  I plan to increase the two days to 60 minutes as I approach the race.  I also plan to up the simulation until I am completing the entire simulation each week.  I also have begun taking high altitude training pills.

So, my question is whether this plan seems like it is enough for me to complete the ascent in the allotted time frame.

Thanks.

Mark

Re: Flatlander Training Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 01:00:08 PM »
I think if you can run a 1:48 half you will be fine. With that fitness level you should be closer to a 4:00 to 4:15 ascent. The biggest question will be what effect the altitude has on you. You will want to make sure that you don't out to fast at the start. That can cause a lot of issues later in the race. Also, you will most likely be "walking" 80-90% of the race.

peak

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 08:33:19 AM »
I think if you can run a 1:48 half you will be fine. With that fitness level you should be closer to a 4:00 to 4:15 ascent. The biggest question will be what effect the altitude has on you. You will want to make sure that you don't out to fast at the start. That can cause a lot of issues later in the race. Also, you will most likely be "walking" 80-90% of the race.

Yeah, not underestimating the altitude is the biggest thing, i think. You could also think about using a supplement like that, in addition. It can help with balancing the energy level. However, you should definitely talk to a doctor, before doing so. This is highly recommended.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:35:21 AM by peak »

kirsten397

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 01:02:48 AM »
Do you need a very nice game like baccarat? I recommend fachai9 philippines to you since it's a great game that may earn you a lot of rewards as you play. So what are you waiting for? Sign up right away!