Author Topic: Screen shot of registration form  (Read 3370 times)

nmtrailrunner

Screen shot of registration form
« on: February 05, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »
Will there be a screen shot of the Registration Form available this year? if so, where and when can we view this? Thanks!

John Garner

Re: Screen shot of registration form
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
No, there will be no screen shots this year. We stopped doing that a last year when we switched from a single screen to multiple. Seconds are not important. Everybody who showed up to register in the first 4 hours got in last year.

That said, this year we are working on a guided qualification entry form. Instead of the usual "enter your info" type of thing where everybody sees the same thing, we will ask questions like 'Have you ever completed the pikes peak ascent or marathon before?" Based on your answer, you will get different follow up questions.

As a bonus, recent veterans will NOT have to provide times, years, or links. You just need to answer 'Yes' to the first two or three qualification questions and hit 'next.' I know what your quals are based on your name and age and will fill it in for you automatically.

Everybody else will be explicitly told what they qualify for (Ascent and Marathon or Ascent Only) based on how they answer the questions. I hope it will cut down on the number of folks who try and use a half marathon to enter the PPM.

--john

nmtrailrunner

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
Thanks for the information, John. Sounds like some good changes. Will the registration be through Active.com?

John Garner

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »
We are using FuseSport once again this year. 

Since other folks have asked me offline, the registration fee (vs the entry fee) is not effectively changing. Like all of the registration platforms, Fuse is charging a percentage of the entry fee. Thus the registration fee for the Ascent will go up $0.67 from last year to account for the fact that the entry fee went up $10.