Author Topic: Work-around for problem registering for PPA/PPM message board  (Read 3322 times)

jemahon

Work-around for problem registering for PPA/PPM message board
« on: February 09, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »
I tried to register for the new PPA/PPM message board the other day so that I could occasionally input to the on-going conversations.  The registration procedure is supposed to send a verification email as part of the registration process.  I did not get the email.  Several hours later I tried logging into the PP msg board and it gave me a link to ask for another registration email.  I added rules to my Outlook.com (Hotmail) to move msgs from senders including "simplemachines.org" and "pikespeakmarathon.org" to my inbox.  I tried the request to resend the registration email a couple of times but never received anything.  I also tried redoing the registration and it said I was already registered with the same account name and email.  I used the Incline Club message board to seek advice or a contact to solve my problem.

John Garner (the PPA/M Registrar) answered with the following:

There seem to be major issues with folks using outlook/hotmail (much like nobody with a comcast account can get the IC newsletter). In addition to not getting the registration emails, it seems that 99% of the spam signups are originating from those two domains.

To get around this, I manually activated your account. I also enabled the Microsoft Live social login option. So now you can just click the windows icon on the login or register page to login or create a new account.

For other folks, the easiest thing is to make use of the 'Login with your social network" option. You can use your google, facebook, or MS Live credentials. It is instant and you never need to remember what your password is. :-)

REDLEG VET DETECTIVE KS Wife of 27 years rolls the dice

• IRAQ ARMENIA WASH DC KOSOVO HOOAH
Re: Work-around for problem registering for PPA/PPM message board
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »
I just registered today 19 March 2015....
It's been working just fine

From my FOXHOLE.....   

HOOAH!!!!!!

THE PIKE"S PEAK MARATHON!!!!!!   60th!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very respectfully submitted....

Redleg Vet Detective KS....