Author Topic: Finisher Shirts and Doubler Jackets  (Read 8653 times)

Stephen Peterson

Finisher Shirts and Doubler Jackets
« on: August 01, 2016, 03:25:53 PM »
Are there any photos out there on the finisher's shirts and Doubler jackets yet?

I'm running my 2nd Double and wondering what the jacket will look like this year.  Last year it was a bit confusing regarding the Doubler jacket which turned out to be a hoodie ...long lines after the marathon while the vendor applied the graphics on the hoodie and eventually they ran out of sizes.  (BTW...I do love my Doubler hoodie from last year)

Thanks in advance! 

Jayme Diekmann Buzard

Re: Finisher Shirts and Doubler Jackets
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »
I would love to see a picture of the shirts/jackets also.  I'm a newbie for the Ascent.

John Garner

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:36:40 PM »
The Awards page at http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/Awards.shtml now has pictures of this year's Marathon Jackets and Ascent Shirts.

The doubler stuff may be the same, or it may be different. I have no idea. I just do registration, I leave the swag up to folks in a higher pay grade. :-)

Yoni Fridman

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 11:43:54 AM »
The PPM jackets look great!! But the Ascent has long-sleeve purple shirts AGAIN? :'( I actually liked the purple and was happy the first time I got one of those, but now I'll have 5 of basically the same shirt. Not cool.

Not sure if you have any say on that John. Thanks for posting the updated link, and for always being so responsive and involved on this forum!

John Garner

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 01:51:36 PM »
Once upon a time,  somebody way back before the internet was a thing went to the top and wrote this song that became a small hit. They sing it at the start line each year.

Anyways, it made reference to the "Purple Mountains" and all.... Thus purple is the long standing race color for Ascent day.

But I'll see what I can do. Until then... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_81l4DXlwM

Yoni Fridman

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 02:01:29 PM »
Ha, thanks :) Didn't know purple was used for PPA due to the association with America the Beautiful. I do like that idea, but I also know plenty of folks do the PPA every year, and others have mentioned being sick of almost the same shirt every time.

John Garner

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 06:32:13 PM »
Last year we did break with the purple theme and hand out grey jackets. :-)

Yoni Fridman

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »
Yes true, I forgot about that! That was nice :) Thanks.

Stephen Peterson

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »
Thanks for the update John...much appreciated!  Jackets look great.  Hopefully we get an update on the doubler's jackets soon.  Last year was pretty confusing to say the least..and they ran out.  Totally understand since it was the first year for a doubler's jacket, but hopefully they got the kinks worked out this year. 

John Garner

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 07:32:35 PM »
The Marathon jackets look interesting but for crying out loud, purple Ascent shirts again???  Ugh.   Last year's jackets were great (including the doubler hoodie).  And I still wear my 2010 Ascent shirt all the time.  That was mostly white but had some purple accents hidden under the arms.  If you've got to have purple on the Ascent shirt, the 2010 shirt is a great way to do it!

Odd that you are not complaining about yet another black PPM jacket.   :)

Jasper

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 10:38:00 PM »
It's unclear to me that there are Doubler's Jackets this year. I don't see any mention of them, now, on the Awards page.

Stephen Peterson

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »
Per the Registration page:

Doublers
Only Peak Veterans who have completed the Pikes Peak Ascent or Pikes Peak Marathon in the past 3 years (2013+) may register for both the Ascent and Marathon (known as "Doubling"). Doublers will be charged an additional $50 (payable with your Ascent registration). This fee is intended to discourage runners from signing up for the double. Due to the US Forest Service imposed entry limits and the fact that the race sells out each year, every doubler takes up a slot that would otherwise be used by another person. The fee will also cover the cost of the Pikes Peak Doublers jackets that all doublers will receive this year.

Hoot

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »
I take back what I said about the men's Ascent shirts.  That's the nicest shade of purple I've every seen!  Great race as always Ron.

Yoni Fridman

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 04:30:45 PM »
I agree with Hoot, I take back my complaints too! Not at all like all the previous purple shirts. Couldn't quite tell from the little pics on the Awards page, but I was very pleased when I saw the shirt.

Thanks John! Thanks Ron! Thanks to everyone involved!

Stephen Peterson

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 07:36:18 PM »
The shirts/jackets look awesome.  Well done!